WESCAM’s MX™-Series of multi-sensor and multi-spectral imaging and targeting systems operate with outstanding stabilization and world leading range-performance. The MX-Series provides clear sighting capabilities across the visible and infrared spectrum. WESCAM’s imaging and targeting solutions are designed for all operational requirements - ranging in size from 10 to 25 inches in diameter to provide clean, stabilized full-motion Intel in support of:
- Low-altitude tactical surveillance & targeting missions
- Medium-altitude covert intelligence, surveillance, reconnaissance and targeting missions
- High-altitude, ultra long-range persistent surveillance and targeting missions
WESCAM serves all segments of the airborne imaging market with turrets operating from fixed-wing, rotor-wing, UAV and aerostat platforms. WESCAM’s MX™-Series incorporates over 40 years of design and stabilization experience into each system. Recent developments and adaptations in WESCAM’s technology over the years have enabled exceptional imaging capabilities and operational performance in systems for the ground market.
More than 2500 WESCAM turrets have been fielded since 1997. These units are operational in defense and security forces in over 65 countries, ranging from the MX-10 through to the MX-25.
WESCAM’s imaging systems have the best stabilization and geo-location performance available in the global market. In particular, WESCAM’s airborne turrets have a 4 or 5-axis design which ensures superior stabilization and performance levels. MX-Series systems can be configured with high magnification optics, high-definition EO & IR cameras and multiple lasers.
WESCAM continues to provide the highest value to their customers by incorporating technologies that are easy-to-use and improve sensor operator effectiveness. Recent feature enhancements include:
- Color low-light, wide-angle zoom EO imager – Complementing the system’s existing dual-channel spotter, this technology enhances its imaging capability under a wide range of illumination conditions, including dusk and poor weather conditions. (MX-15)
- Zoom spotter – Zoom optics allow the operator to achieve the desired balance of magnification and field of view between moderately wide and ultra-narrow. (MX-15)
- Short wave IR (SWIR) imager – Useful for day and night imaging missions, the high resolution SWIR imager offers outstanding range performance at the limits of atmospheric visibility. In addition, it offers improved imaging performance under suboptimal atmospheric conditions, such as atmospheric haze and fog. (MX-15)
- Laser Spot Tracker (LST) – Compatible with standard U.S. and NATO designator codes, the LST automatically detects a designator spot of a given code in its field of view and automatically slews the system’s line of sight to the laser energy. (MX-20D & MX-25D)
- Dual-channel daylight and low-light EO wide-angle zoom – EMCCD low-light imaging capability is added to the wide-angle zoom sensor. This enhances situational awareness under a wide range of illumination conditions. (MX-25 & MX-25D)
WESCAM’s ground system, the MX™-RSTA, has been designed with the same principles as their airborne family. High stabilization levels enable long-range covert missions while stationary or on-the-move, while simultaneously providing wide field-of-view situation awareness to combat urban and asymmetric threats. Solutions operate flawlessly in extreme temperatures, at high speed and varying altitudes, and within the harshest environments, including those with intensive dirt, dust and smoke.
WESCAM’s MX-RSTA is a multi-role Reconnaissance, Surveillance and Target Acquisition system for use by land and naval surface warfighters. MX-RSTA addresses the current and future needs of land forces with a focus on affordability and sustainability in the field, providing end-users with new CONOPS and other capabilities. Specifically designed with critical ruggedized and modular features, the MX-RSTA can fulfill various roles and applications, differentiated by the selection of tailored high definition payloads and subsystems. These unique attributes provide tactical advantages to vehicle and gun turret Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) in an increasingly commoditized market.
Reliable Worldwide Support
WESCAM continues to invest heavily not only in product development, but also in customer care. The following support infrastructure is in place to support WESCAM’s customers
WESCAM Authorized Service Centers (WASCs)
WESCAM has partnered with leading service providers around the world to create strategically located service centers around the world. WASC’s provide support solutions to ensure operational availability remains high.
Field Service Representatives (FSRs)
WESCAM FSRs are factory-trained technicians, experienced in performing diagnostics and repairs anywhere in the world. Available for dispatch within 24 hours from the closest WASC location, FSRs respond rapidly to customer calls for onsite repairs.
Through either a satellite or internet connection, any MX-System can interface with MX-RAid, a leading diagnostic tool that performs checks, calibrations, firmware updates and logs errors from the field. This service reduces delays in determining and repairing system faults, eliminates no-fault-found return, significantly reduces response times and reduces downtime for the end user.
Training Products and Courses
WESCAM offers fully-integrated training programs and interactive simulation products to ensure customers are fully optimizing their MX-Series system.
Empowering users with the knowledge and confidence needed to operate their MX system to its full potential, the MX-Sim simulates the complete operations of an MX-Series imaging and targeting system. Designed to match a customer’s exact configuration, the MX-Sim reduces the expensive flying time required to train personnel.
Used during the system-integration phase of a program, the MX-Emulator emulates the complete operations of any MX imaging and targeting system. It enables system integrators and OEMs to dramatically reduce System Integration Lab (SIL) development costs, while freeing systems and aircraft from SIL testing.
WESCAM’s comprehensive training solution has been designed to expand the customers overall operational and maintenance knowledge. Training offerings range from in-class instructor-led courses to in-flight and in-vehicle training, and eLearning product training courses. Classes are offered at WESCAM’s state-of-the-art training center, the customer’s location and any WESCAM Authorized Service Center.